Friday, April 29, 2011

{ The Countdown Is On }

I cannot believe we are already almost 38 weeks.  Lincoln is full term!  It seems like it was just a few months ago that we found out we were pregnant and here we are making the final preparations to welcome our son.

Physically I've been feeling pretty good but over the last few weeks I think I've approached the uncomfortable home stretch.  It's getting harder and harder to get comfortable at night.  I wake up several times but I figure this is just practice for when Lincoln gets us up at night, right?  He has dropped which has me both excited and apprehensive.  It means he's coming soon but it also means he's coming soon!  I can breathe a little easier now that he's lower but the bathroom and I are now even better friends.  I didn't think it was possible to pee even more frequently! 

Emotionally and mentally I think Casey and I are about as ready as two first-time parents can be.  We already love this little boy so much and cannot wait to see his little squishy face.  I love to day dream about what he'll look like.  Will he have dark hair, light hair or no hair?  Will his beautiful little eyes be dark or light?  Will he have gorgeous long eye lashes like his daddy?  Will he be relaxed and mellow like his dad or more feisty like his mom?  I am just *so* excited to meet our little boy.

His nursery is pretty much all finished.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  It is fun and playful but still tranquil.  I look forward to spending many hours in there with Lincoln.  Call me crazy but I'm even looking forward to those middle of the night feeds when it seems like there's no one else in the world but the two of us.  I still have a few things to hang on his walls, but I'll try to take some pictures later today and post them here for you to see. 

I still can't quite fathom how much our world is about to change.  We are about to become parents.  Parents!  We will be in charge of loving and shaping and molding a little person.  I know there will be hard times - sleepless nights, fears of inadequacy, etc. - but there will be so many good times.  So many snuggles and laughs and memories.  I can't wait - bring it on!

37w0d

No comments: