Well, after 17 hours on the road we finally made it to Scottsdale. We’ve been here about a week now, and to be honest, I feel like I’m on another planet. It’s hot (keep in mind it’s almost November), there’s lots of sand, and I’ve seen more types of cacti than I ever even knew existed. But it’s not all bad. We’ve got a pool and a hot tub in our neighborhood. And pretty much all of the local people we’ve met have been really friendly. Mostly I am missing my family and friends, and all things familiar. But it’s been getting better day by day.
Today we had the pleasure of patronizing the DMV (or the MVD as they call it here). I loathed the thought of standing in line and waiting around, but the experience actually proved to be entertaining. We had to have the Mazda inspected and not only was the inspector an amusing fellow, but it turns out he lives in our neighborhood. What are the odds of that in an area with over 3 million people? The gal who processed our paperwork was another story. If you’ve seen the movie Monsters, Inc you may remember a character named Roz. Turns out she has left her old job and now works at the Scottsdale MVD.

Hope you’re all doing well. We miss you! Keep in touch :D
Molly & Casey
1 comment:
Yay! It will be fun to peek in on your life in Arizona. Love the pictures!
Post a Comment