Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Strategy?

So last night I was watching the Discovery Channel's series Planet Earth. (If you don't know what I'm talking about check it out at http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/planet-earth/planet-earth.html ...so incredible.) The episode I decided to watch was called "Deserts." It seemed appropriate given our recent inhabitation of such a place. I learned that in order to keep cool in the heat of the day, kangaroos sit in the shade and lick their forearms. Apparently they have a large amount of blood vessels in that area and as the saliva evaporates they cool down. Now I know our vasculature is not the same as kangaroos, but when it gets too hot to handle down here you just might find me sitting in the shade, licking my forearms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you had not provided the explanation, and I ever witnessed such odd behavior, I might have just assumed that you were spending too much time with Daphne and Alice...

Anonymous said...

haha, licking your forearm...now there's something you need to get Casey doing...

Hope you two are cool (if that's possible :)

Saac

Anonymous said...

I get enough crap at work already, without licking my forearms.