So yesterday was my 25th birthday. 25! Hard to believe I'm half way to 50. Anyway, it wa a great day. First I slept in a bit (yay) and then I stopped at Starbucks on my way to the fabric store. After happily browsing and making my purchases I went to treat myself to a manicure. I had a few minutes between the end of my manicure and my dentist appointment (I know, on my birthday!) so I decided to run home to brush my teeth. I was just going to run in, brush, and run back out so I left my purse and keys in the car. I was inside for just a minute when I thought maybe I should run back and grab my phone in case someone called. So I went back in the garage only to discover that I had locked my keys in the car! Oops. By now my dentist appointment is in 5 minutes and I have no way of getting there, let alone calling them to let them know I'll be late. Casey is at school and won't be home for a few hours. And I still have not brushed my teeth. Oh, and it's my birthday. Awesome. I ran next door to the only neighbor we know and luckily she was home and able to take me to the dentist. Casey was able to pick me up and all was well. We both knew where the spare keys to the cars were at our old house, but neither of us could recall where we put them here at the new house. So one call to a locksmith, two hours, and too much money later I was reunited with my purse and keys. That was birthday adventure #1.
Birthday adventure #2 was much more fun! Casey took me on a super secret mission - mini golf! I've been wanting to play ever since we moved down here. We tackled all 36 holes and had a blast. This of course made us hungry so we continued the festivities by eating steak at The Claim Jumper.
What a memorable and fantastic birthday. Thank you so much to everyone who sent cards and messages to me on my special day! And thank you Nicki for the beautiful flowers! Okay, enough rambling, I've got to go get some spare keys made...
No comments:
Post a Comment