Monday, April 27, 2009

Late Night Ponderings...

It's 1:49am and I should be in bed, sleeping with my husband (oh come on, I didn't mean it like that). Instead I am sitting on the couch, eating Mac 'n Cheese, watching the end of She's All That. Wow, and I thought I was lame before I went back to working nights. Actual night shift isn't bad at all. The less frantic pace is a nice change and I have more time to spend with my patients. The shift diff is nice too :-) It just seems to be the rest of my life that is all out of whack. I'm getting plenty of sleep, but I'm awake at odd hours. I should be doing a lot of things right now - i.e. cleaning the house, finishing that apron I started a few weeks back, putting away the Easter decorations (I know, I know, Easter was two weeks ago), preparing meals for the week, working out at the gym, further reviewing my new benefits package, etc. The problem is that I don't feel like doing any of those things. Even though I am wide awake, it's dark out, the house is quiet, and it just seems like the perfect time to veg out, surf the net, update our blog, and generally be non-productive. Plus I don't want to go to our neighborhood gym alone in the middle of the night and I don't think Casey would like the sound of me vacuuming right now. Anyway, that's the update on my life these days. Hopefully as I transition back to working nights I'll find a rhythm that works a little better for me. Okay, I'm off to enjoy the next terrible late night movie - Jungle2Jungle with Tim Allen and try really hard to not order a ShamWow during the commercial breaks...

No comments: