Sunday, May 10, 2009

Transformation

When I got my first apartment I was seriously lacking in the furniture department. One of the items I purchased for that place was a sturdy little coffee table from a second hand store. It wasn't hideous but definitely lacked style. It was fabulously functional, though. That little table then moved with me when I got married and moved in with Casey. It took up residence in the garage holding the recycle bins. (I told you it was functional!) It then made the move to Arizona with us in 2007. Again, it stayed in the garage for a while until I decided it would be very functional to have at the end of our bed. So I dusted the table off and into the master bedroom she went. I liked the idea of the table there to 1) take up visual space (our room is huge!) 2) sit on to get dressed/put on shoes 3) put bags and suitcases on for packing and unpacking. But the light wood didn't really blend very well with our dark bed and it wasn't the most comfortable surface to sit on. So I wracked my brain and the internet for ideas and decided to turn the table into an upholstered ottoman. A little paint, some foam & batting, and a few yards of fabric later and the table had been transformed. It's nothing fancy but I like it! The fabric looks really white in the picture, but it's actually a really pretty cream and chocolate. I had fun with this project and hope I still like this table for years to come!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it!....you know I do!
And your blog design...so original and so cute!