Where have the last 16 weeks gone?!? I can't believe it's been that long since I've last posted. If life is speeding along this quickly before baby I can only imagine how quickly it's going to go once he's here! I know I've said this before, but I'm going to try to be a better blogger. Once Lincoln (he's a boy and he has a name!) is here I'm hoping to keep the blog updated with pictures of his ridiculously adorable face and all of the exciting things he's doing (you know like sleeping, eating, pooping, etc.). Yep, this will probably turn into a mommy blog with the daily happenings of life with a baby. Fair warning: this probably won't be the last time you'll read the word poop on my blog. Hey, it may not be the most glamorous life, but it's my life and I love it!
So what have we been up to over the last four months? Quite a lot actually...
We spent our first Christmas in our new house.
We had a party to find out the gender of our baby. Kassi made this adorable baby carriage cake. We had the ultrasound tech write down the gender and she colored the inside of the cake to match. With friends and family gathered around us we cut into the delicious cake and found out...
...it's a boy! We are having a son! My mother's intuition was right all along. (I'd thought he was a boy since just a few weeks into our pregnancy.) After much brainstorming and discussing, he has a name. Lincoln will be joining our family this May :-)
Here we are at 24w1d in Lincoln's nursery.
We headed up to McCall for Winter Carnival with my family.
Just look at that scene.
I *heart* being back in Idaho.
While in McCall we celebrated Kate's 15th birthday.
I can't believe she's 15 already!
So refined at such a young age ;-)
I really have no explanation for this picture. Apparently someone was helping Casey get into party mode (my guess is Kate). He's smiling so it must have worked!
Baby Lincoln has been growing...
(25w1d)
...and growing...
(27w2d)
...and growing...
(28w1d)
...and growing!
(30w0d)
This was taken the day of my AWESOME shower thrown by Nicki!
I found a little time to work on some projects for the baby.
This is his business casual attire :-)
A few weeks ago we went up to Tamarak with the Crafts for a quick getaway. The boys went snowboarding and the girls hung out in the cabin to read, nap, watch movies, and relax. It was awesome.
We love mountains and snow!
There were other happenings over the last 4 months as well. My dad has been sick so I went up to Seattle a few times to visit him and help take care of him. He is doing AWESOME now, feeling so much better, which makes me a very happy daughter. Casey and I have both been busy with work, continuing to get settled in our new house, preparing for baby, and hanging out with family and friends.
Our pregnancy has been cruising along without complication which is just how we like it. My blood pressure is still normal and if all goes to plan he'll be here no sooner than April 23rd (37 weeks). I'm hoping he cooks just a bit longer than that, though. The only real hiccup we've had pregnancy-wise is that last Saturday I got into a car accident. It was fairly minor and not my fault, but it was terrifying nonetheless. I was just so worried about Lincoln. I feel him move quite frequently these days but of course I didn't feel him moving at all after the accident. There was a forty-five minute span between the accident and getting hooked up to the monitor at the hospital and those were the most nerve-wracking minutes of my life. Hearing his little heart beating away as soon as they hooked me up was the best sound ever! Even though everything looked good they still kept us there for 4 hours for observation. We were discharged later that night with a clean bill of health. We're still dealing with all of the insurance stuff but that's easy cheesy compared to dealing with pregnancy complications.
So all is well with the Babendures. You can look forward to another post soon (definitely within the next 4 months)!

1 comment:
that tie onesie is the CUTEST! also, you are the cutest! I'm so excited for you to blog about the birth and to see pictures of the little guy :-)
Post a Comment