So here I am...finally writing a post about our wonderful Christmas. We were fortunate enough to get to spend an entire week back home in Boise. Divine intervention was definitely involved because I had only been at my new job six weeks and I got Christmas week off. (That is simply unheard of in hospital-land!)
We got to spend lots of time with each of our families and some of our friends, but the week flew by so fast. There were more people we wanted to see, but it just wasn’t feasible. Hopefully we’ll see more people on our next trip home.
We flew in Christmas Eve Eve and our journey home was completely uneventful which was a very pleasant surprise. I watched the BSU game with my family and Case hung out with the guys. The next day we got to sleep in a bit (yay!) and then we headed over to my aunt and uncle’s house. (Side note: it snowed overnight! So beautiful!!!) We had lots of fun making gingerbread houses with my cousin Katie and enjoyed time with my family. Then we had a wonderful Christmas Eve feast. It was so good and tasty! Candlelight service at church was great as always and we got to see some old friends. We then headed over to my in-laws for some quality time and more food before midnight Mass. The service was serene and meaningful. After Mass we headed up to my grandma’s house to spend the night, just like I have every year since birth.
Christmas day we opened presents and did stockings with my family, then headed over to Casey’s parents’ house for presents/stockings with them and a delicious Christmas dinner. The rest of the week was really fun, but went by so quickly. There was lots of Wii playing (Katie got one from Santa), a few indoor soccer games, tons of food, and oodles of quality time with loved ones :D
I loved being at home where it actually looked like winter. I was more than happy to trade in palm trees for snow for Christmas! I just love Christmas time…getting to hang out with our families and friends, eating tasty, comforting food, and the overall warmth of it all. Here are some pictures from our week back home:
My grandma whipping up some scrumptious Christmas food!
Casey working on our masterpiece.
Titus the reluctant Christmas cat.
My talented mom and grandma.
Patti and Harv (my in-laws)
2 comments:
any news on the abducted wiseman?
The kitties are still holding him hostage in an undisclosed location.
Attempts at negotiation have met with little success because we are haveing difficulties translating thier cryptic language; Thier last message either said "Purple monkey dishwasher." or "Stop petting me and get my toy out from under the couch, damnit!"
Given those two possibilities, the actual meaning of the message is fairly obviouse, but I have no clue where to find a monkey that can wash dishes, let alone a purple one...
Post a Comment