Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hiking Picacho Peak

Last weekend I went hiking with two friends from college, Angie and Emily. We had a grand time. I confess it was a tough hike (I'm so out of shape!) but it was so much fun :D
We enjoyed chatting and catching up as we climbed Picacho Peak. For the first part of the six mile hike you meander through cacti and other desert vegetation, then as you approach the peak, the fun starts. The terrain gets ridiculously steep and you have to use cables mounted on either side of the trail to help pull yourself up the rocks with you arms. It was lots of work, but the view from the top was worth it. Coming down was a challenge, just as much of an adventure as getting to the peak. Later that night Casey and I met up with Angie, Emily, and Angie's husband Ray for dinner and a friendly game of Catan. It was an all around lovely day with lovely friends.

Hiker chicks :D

No comments: