Friday, March 7, 2008
Thoughts that have been swirling around in my head and my heart...
It's no secret that for a while now I have been wanting to have a baby. I've wanted to be a mom for about as long as I can remember, and now that I'm almost 25 and we've been married almost 2 years, the urge is stronger than ever. I know right now isn't the ideal time in our life to have a kiddo, but I can just never quite shake that longing feeling in my heart to become a mother. We are planning on waiting a while until Casey is through school and we are no longer living in the desert, but each day the thought of having children ignites this excitement and contentment in my soul that I just cannot silence. The problem with this though, is that lately I feel like I have been focusing too much on the future and not taking the time to enjoy what we have now. Don't get me wrong, we are really happy and love spending time together, but I feel like I am constantly planning things for when our "real" life starts. When Casey's done with school, when we've moved back home, when we buy another house, when we have kids, etc. Finally the other day, though, I had this ah-ha! moment when something clicked in my brain. I am still anticipating our future with unparalleled joy, but I suddenly realized real life happens every day and right now it is fabulous and I should enjoy every moment of it as much as I can. I can sleep in until I wake up (on my days off); I can have popcorn and a glass of wine for dinner without worrying about feeding something healthy to the kids; we can travel and explore our temporary home state as much as we’d like and at the last minute. I know most of you are probably saying – DUH! – why did she just now figure this out? But really I have just had a change in my thinking that has led me to a happier, healthier place and I like that :D Life is wonderful and each day should be enjoyed to its fullest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you, Molly! I think it's a life long struggle to live "real" life in the moment. I'm proud of you for being able to do that right now. You're going to be a fabulous mom when the time comes. =)
Like I said Molly... I want to grow up to be just like you!
Your MIL
Post a Comment