The Birthday Boy and Birthday Girls
Last weekend I went up to Seattle for a birthday celebration extravaganza! My birthday was the third, my brother Ben's was Wednesday, and his girlfriend Kim's was May 31st. My mom and Todd flew up to join in the fun. Plus, since Todd is a HUGE baseball fan and we all love going to a pro game every now and again, we went to not one but two Mariners games. There was no huge bash or anything planned - mostly just spending time together. My dad lives in Seattle, too, so I got to see him for the first time in almost a year (far too long!). At the game on Friday I also got to see some of Nicki's family - Aunt Janet, Aunt Gale, and Gabby & Gracie were there. It was so great to see them all! It was a wonderful weekend but the only thing missing was Casey. He had to stay home and work on school stuff :-(
We stayed at Ben & Kim's place which I haven't seen since Ben moved into it a few years ago. He's done a ton of work and it looks great! Since we don't currently own our house and I can't play with it too much I had fun coming up with ideas for his next project: the kitchen.
Here are some highlights from the trip:
of course, the Mariners games
The Todd, Mom, Ben, Kim, Me
The guy sitting in front of us at the game on Friday night had the most rockin' hairdo ever. Not just a rat tail - but the updated side rat tail. On a grown man. In 2009. Eek!

Sunday night we ate dinner at the Crabpot at the pier. It was definitely a unique dining experience. It was fun to eat food right from the middle of the table to laugh at your family wearing bibs. Gotta love that they give you a mallet, too. Kim and I had some issues with our dinner looking back up at us from the table but we managed to overcome them and enjoy our seafood spread.
Dad, Stanley, The Todd, Mom, Ben, Kim
More highlights were buying a new Craigslist fridge with Ben after waking up to a water-filled kitchen on Saturday morning; eating the best ice cream ever at Molly Moon's in Wallingford (mmm...salted caramel); driving by my old dorm, apartment, and townhouse on Queen Anne; walking along Alki Beach after a super delicious home made dinner at Dad's; and going for a ride in Ben's sweet Audi TT.
Of course the best part (cue cheesy music now) was having fun with Ben, Kim, Mom, Todd, Dad, and Stanley. Good times, good times. Can't wait to go back - and bring my hubby with me!




1 comment:
Molly this post looks so awesome, I'm very jealous!!1
Post a Comment