I spent the weekend sewing, looking out at the mountains and at the deer that came right up to the window. See him there behind my machine?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So yeah, here is a post that should have been written, oh 2 months ago. I know they say better late than never, but YIKES! Anywho, back in April I had the awesome opportunity to hang out with the ladies in Casey's family and a few of their friends at a quilting retreat at his Aunt Sharon's beautiful home in Buena Vista, Colorado. Mountains + Family + New Friends + Sewing = FUN! I had never really quilted before so I wasn't sure what to bring to work on at this quilting retreat. (I did take a beginning quilters class this spring, but that turned out to be semi-disastrous.) So I decided that because I was going to be surrounded by people who are much more experienced than I myself I would take advantage of their knowledge and skills. I brought a kit for a colorful table runner that my grandma had given me for Christmas. It was a small enough project that I thought I could get completely finished in one weekend so that I could go through all the steps with help nearby if needed. And lo and behold my plan worked - I actually finished it. I even did free motion quilting! That part was sooooo fun. I actually made a quilt! It's a small quilt/large table runner. I'm still not sure what to do with it - it's currently sitting in the guest room/sewing room awaiting the perfect location. Besides all of the sewing we also took walks in the evenings and ate some TASTY food. One of the best parts of the trip was being up in the mountains. The change of scenery was very welcome after the last year and a half in Arizona. We even got snow! And of course, it goes without saying that it was wonderful to spend time with so many wonderful women. I especially enjoyed road-tripping with Aunt Kate. Good times, good times.Kassi contemplating block placement.
All the ladies with their finished projects.
Aunt Kate showing us her torci (sp?).
We wore Carol out.
Kassi celebrating that she finally got those dang triangles right.
These are the fabulous, colorful, energizing fabrics for my project.
Work in progress.
I did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment