
Wowza the last few months have flown by. Lincoln is already 5 months old and I'm just now writing his 4 month post! I think the last few months have gone by so quickly because I went back to work when Lincoln was three months old.
That first day back was torture but it's been getting better since then. I still don't like leaving him all day (or night, depending on my rotation) but I know it's good for both of us. He gets to socialize with other babies, interact with different adults, and enjoy a different environment. I get to interact with adults, feel like I'm making a difference in the world and keep up my nursing skills. I'm hoping to be able to cut back to part time some day but for now I'm trying to focus on the positives. At least I have a job, a job I really like, and that I get to stay home 4 days a week with Lincoln while still working full time.
| Clearly Lincoln seems to be coping okay! |
weighed 16 lbs 0 oz (60th percentile)
was 25 7/8 inches tall (82nd percentile)
had a head circumference of 42.75 cm (82nd percentile).
He continues to be our big little guy :-)
By four months old Lincoln...
...had two teeth! He got his first at 14 weeks, 2 days old and his second two days later. My baby had teeth at three and a half months - crazy!
...was a little rolling machine. He had already mastered back to front and front to back but he started putting it all together to get where he wanted to go. He could move at least 3 to 4 feet just by rolling. Such a little mover and shaker!
...was a little rolling machine. He had already mastered back to front and front to back but he started putting it all together to get where he wanted to go. He could move at least 3 to 4 feet just by rolling. Such a little mover and shaker!
him to the pool. He'll probably be swimming on his own by next summer!
...was still madly in love with and fascinated by his hands and feet.
...was VERY interested in whatever other people around him were doing. If you were reading, he'd want to have your book to chew on. If you were eating, he'd want to eat. If you were cooking, he'd want to cook with you (or at least grab each ingredient you pick up). He's so interested in the world around him and is so fun to watch him explore.
...starting getting defiant. By four months - I know! Whenever he didn't want to get into his carseat or swing he would arch his little back like a cat being forced into the bathtub. It was annoying and highly effective. He's not doing it as often anymore but when he does it it's actually quite a challenge to wrestle him into his carseat.
...had an adorable Who-'do (as in Dr. Seuss's Whos). He has this one hair on top of his head that is about two inches longer than all the rest. I LOVE it and will be so sad when I look for it one morning and it is gone.
...continued getting more and more verbal. I love this video of him making his new favorite sound. His constant babbling, squeals, and coos are just adorable. I can't wait to hear his little voice once he starts talking.
...had really mastered picking up his toys and refined his hand-eye coordination. He could easily pick up a toy that looked fun and most of the time could easily get it to his mouth or his other hand for further exploring.
...had gone through his first illness. He caught some sort of GI virus (gotta love daycare!) and was throwing up and had diarrhea for over a week. I just felt so bad for our lil buddy. There's nothing worse than seeing your child sick and not being able to do anything about it except love on and snuggle him ;-( He was a trooper, though, and even though he felt crummy he was pretty much his usually happy self.
I'm sure there are more things he started doing in his fourth month but that's all I can think of for now. Month by month he is getting more and more interactive and fun. I love watching him grow and learn but at the same time he is doing it all too quickly! I'm sad that he's growing up so fast and that before I know it he'll be my little boy instead of my little baby. So I am trying to make the most of each day and soak in all his adorable baby-ness while I can. Because he is just the best. thing. ever.




No comments:
Post a Comment