Friday, July 22, 2011

{ McCall? Yes please! }


We headed up to McCall for our annual getaway with my family at the first of the month.  We had a great time as always and enjoyed celebrating the 4th up there.  My entire life we've gone to McCall every summer; it's such a fun, relaxing time for me.  I am usually so carefree and have ample time to read, nap, swim, kayak, browse, sew and anything else I fancy.  I knew it would be different this year - babies have a way of shaking things up like that.   Even though I wasn't able to spend my time doing all the things I usually do up there I was spending my time doing exactly what I wanted - being with Lincoln.  He's my new favorite hobby and I'm pretty sure that's not changing anytime soon  =)

My family was of course a huge help with Lincoln - he hardly ever got put down there were so many arms ready and willing to hold him.  I even got to read an entire book! I also got to go kayaking a few times while Lincoln held down the fort with Grape Grandma.

Kayaking!  That's Casey in the red boat and me in the yellow boat.
One of my favorite parts about McCall is playing games with the whole family late into the night.  Catch Phrase, Taboo, and Trivial Pursuits are the usual favorites but the new favorite this year was Curses.  It had my uncle barking like a dog, The Todd shaving an invisible miniature cat, my mom slapping her own face, and my grandma telling lies like "I'm pregnant."  It was hilarious!  You know how things are funnier and wackier late at night when you are deliriously tired?  I would highly recommend playing this game then.

So it was another successful McCall vacation complete with beautiful weather (but no awesome thunder storms this year, boo), lots of laughs, Fourth of July fireworks over the lake (during which Lincoln fell sound asleep), great memories, and of course several trips to Ice Cream Alley.


Okay, now for what you really came to the blog to see - pictures!


Lincoln taking a snooze in Grape Grandmas arms.


Lincoln chillin' with Uncle Benny.
This is right before Link pooped and Ben panicked.

Note Ben's panic and Lincoln's smile.
Ben has now been officially initiated into unclehood.

Lincoln chillin' in his patriotic outfit.


Mom brought up the stuff to make cakepops.  They were labor intensive but tasty!  And pretty!

Beautiful flowers at Charlie's Gardens.

More Charlie's Gardens

Tummy Time
"Hey I'm pretty good at this!"

"Okay Mom, enough, I'm getting kinda tired."

"I'm done."
 
Katie and Aunt Sessie downtown



"Aw Mom, what do you mean that's enough Wii for today!?!"

Bocci Ball!
Mommy & Lincoln

"What do you mean we're almost to the end of this post?"

"I've been having so much fun reading and looking at pictures!"


"Well, maybe I am getting a little sleepy..."

TTFN
(Ta Ta For Now!)

No comments: