I know I say this every month, but how in the world did our baby boy get so big so fast? We have a seven month old! Lincoln is just growing up so fast. It's fun to see him change and learn but at the same time his babyhood is flying by way too quickly.
He is buckets of fun these days now that he is quite adept at crawling and beginning to babble more and more. He’s taking full advantage of these new found ways to express himself. He crawls all over the house (usually towards things that he’s not allowed to have) and jabbers up a storm. I don’t think he’s really trying to say anything yet, just letting us know that he is capable of making noise – and lots of it.
Lincoln is becoming very interested in music. He’s likes listening to it mostly, but now he’s beginning to make it. He LOVES playing the piano. I may be a little biased, but I think he’s rather talented ;-) A future Mozart perhaps?
One of his cute new tricks is dancing. He’s not quite fully busting a move yet, but when he hears a beat he starts bouncing up and down. It’s pretty darn ardorable. Hopefully we’ll get it on video soon so you too can enjoy his mad skills.
Link is standing up more and more. He needs help to keep his balance, but he really likes standing up like a big boy. I came home from work one night and he was standing next to the couch, holding on for balance. He was so excited to see me that he took a step forward, assuming he could walk. But gravity of course got the better of him and he faceplanted. Poor kiddo was elated one minute then bawling on the living room floor the next. A few Mommy kisses later he was good as new. With the rate he’s cruising through babyhood, though, I’m sure it won’t be too long before he’s running across the living room to welcome me home.
Once Lincoln hit six months we really delved into the world of solid food. We have sort of followed the Baby Led Weaning approach and mostly given him small bites of what we’re eating instead of purees. He’s done great with it so far - we’ve yet to find a food he won’t eat. We’re hoping this means he won’t be a picky eater as he gets older. We're keeping our fingers crossed!
He is still waking up at least once a night, usually some time between 2 and 4. It's generally not too bad and on days that I work I just consider it a bonus that I get to spend 15 more minutes with him that day. The worst, though, is when he wakes up at 5 and my alarm i s set to go off at 5:15. Bleh!
Good thing he's cute ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment