Thursday, February 16, 2012

{ Holy Eight Months, Batman! }


How is it that Mr. Lincoln is already 8 months old? Time is just flying by. This time last year I was rubbing my belly dreaming about holding him in my arms and now he’s not only here but already babbling and crawling and turning into such a little boy!

1/23/11
Oh what a difference a year makes!
Link has really mastered crawling in these last few months. He’s quick and loves being able to get where he wants to go. He usually has a toy or something in his hand, though, when he wants to go somewhere and for a while he had to choose between crawling or keeping the toy. He figured out a brilliant solution, though, and started carrying things in his mouth. He may look a little funny doing it but I give him bonus points for creative problem solving!
He was by no means bald when he was born, but Lincoln has never really had a ton of hair. Plus it’s fair which makes it harder to see. Over the last month or so, though, it’s really gotten thicker. He finally has enough hair for it to look messed up in the morning. I love it when he wakes up still looking kinda sleepy with his hair fwinging out to the side :-)

Since he was just a few weeks old we have been bathing Lincoln in an infant tub on the bathroom counter. As he’s gotten older he has begun to love splashing around in there so much we decided it would be smart to put the little tub in the big bathtub to help contain the water. Mr. Lincoln, however, did not love this idea. When we put him in the tub-within-a-tub he went absolutely nuts. He screamed and cried and flailed toward us trying to get out. It was simultaneously one of the most pathetic and hysterical thing I’ve ever seen. He has since acclimated to his new bath routine but that first time was a doozy.
He’s not quite ready to dance with the stars but since Christmas Link has been dancing more and more. He bobs up and down to the beat when you put music on and he has also started moving his head around Stevie Wonder style. I really need to get the video camera out more often…

Lincoln has started waving bye-bye! It’s still hit and miss but he knows what it is and what it means. He’s most apt to do it when you don’t ask or expect him to. Stinker.

Our boy may be busy and spirited but he is oh so sweet. It melts my heart when he crawls all the way across the room to me, tugs on my pant leg and looks up at me with those baby blues. How can I resist picking him up?
Clearly Daddy can't resist him either!
His sleeping routine has been fantastic since Christmas. He’s been sleeping 10-12 hours a night. IT. IS. HEAVEN. A good night’s sleep is a beautiful thing. I hope this isn’t just a phase. Now that  he’s standing up and pulling up so much he stands in his crib and just looks and you when he wants you to pick him up.  Somehow it's much tougher to resist him when he is looking right at you instead of laying down.  So sad. So effective.

Solid food is continuing to go great. We still haven’t found anything he won’t eat. He loves pita, hummus, applesauce, chicken, turkey, cheese, avocado, oatmeal, couscous, pancakes, bacon, sweet potatoes, yogurt, meatloaf, broccoli, carrots, cottage cheese, rice, berries - I could go on and on. He even likes lemons! He’s drinking from a sippy cup now too. Such a big little boy.
"Do I have something on my face?"
Lincoln's little baby laughs are pretty much the most best sounds in the world.  I love finding new ways to elicit his giggles.  Sometimes it's just the little things...

We love having adventures with Link.  When it snowed here in January I took him out to play while I shoveled the walk - he loved it!  See for yourself:

Although he keeps us on our toes, Lincoln makes us smile every single day.
What more could we ask for? :-)

No comments: