Thursday, February 16, 2012

{ Splish Splash }


During the month of December Link and I took some swim classes at the Y.  He had so much fun in the pool this summer I knew I couldn't wait until next summer to let him swim again.  His teacher was great and wonderful with babies.  She showed us some helpful tricks like getting in and out of the pool with him by myself (without using the stairs) and how to help him be comfortable floating on his back.  Lincoln loved the little toys she'd bring to play with and his absolute favorite was singing "Wheels on the Bus" while swimming in a circle. 


Isn't his little swim outfit cute?  His trunks have a shark mouth on his tush.  The pool we were in was half for swim lessons and half for old folks water aerobics.  The seniors loved seeing the babies and a few of them dubbed Lincoln "Shark Butt."  Every week they'd see us walking toward the pool and say "Look!  Shark Butt is here!"  (Side note: I hope they put extra chlorine in that pool.  I'm sure is the grossest one there seeing as it's full of incontinent babies and geriatrics.)


Don't you just love his little prune-y toes?

The lessons were only a half an hour at a time, but I think Lincoln would have happily stayed in the water all day long.  He's definitely a water baby.


Isn't he cute? :-)

No comments: